Thursday, January 25, 2007

Killer Sweet Tooth

Lately I’ve been browsing the internet for dessert and baked good recipes. It’s a strange thing for me to be interested in because I hate having them in the apartment. Since there are only two of us we end up eating way more sweets then we should. To prevent us from pigging out, I rarely buy sweets and when I make them I take the majority to work the next day. It’s become a joke around the office and on days that I have off my co-workers truly miss “me.”

Alex has a thing for cupcakes and so the past two times I’ve baked that’s what I made. I’m more of a cookie person but haven’t made those since Thanksgiving.It actually works out good not liking the same sweets because I can bake for him and easily pass them up. I’ve been trying to stick to a healthy diet for awhile now but have major set backs when it comes to eating dessert at night. I think I inherited that trait from my dad. As soon as I finish dinner it’s like my stomach is screaming for chocolate. Sometimes I’m able to trick it by sipping on tea. Other times hot chocolate works. On days when Alex brings home Ben & Jerry’s there is no stopping me.

I have a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that I used this year for Thanksgiving. I’ve been meaning to make them again and add coconut and toffee. I think I’ll allow myself the indulgence around Valentines Day. That way I can send the rest to my parents and grandmother as a gift. Thoughtful and better for my waistline.

I wish I had a unique recipe to post but I’m a cheat when it comes to cupcakes and just use a box. I used to blame this on my oven because it was old and didn’t cook things evenly. ( The one time that I made banana bread from scratch it burned the top and the raw insides spilled all over my floor when I went to remove it from the pan.) However, we complained to the landlord and we recently got a brand new oven. It works beautifully. Come V-Day when I make those cookies I’ll let you know how the recipe turns out… until them here are some yummy ones I’ve come across: (Look at the bogs too, they are brilliant and very entertaining. I spend hours browsing through them)







No comments: